Thursday, January 22, 2015

Wedding Cake Trends for 2015

There are so many articles and blogposts about upcoming wedding trends in design, decor, flowers and dresses - but what about the cake? The wedding cake can be thought of as a blank slate ready to be designed to the client's taste or a platform for artists to get creative. The Cake Blog has been showcasing cakes for the past 8 days created by cake designers all around North America.


I was one of the designers asked to design a cake featuring a new trend for 2015. I have been blown away by all the gorgeous cakes shown so far by talented designers. Not one cake even looks remotely like the other which mean there's something for everyone in regards to taste and style. Here's my cake:

I like how Carrie called it "relaxed bohemian"! I was inspired by succulents and watercolor invitations. You can read more about the cake and the thought process here at The Cake Blog. While you're there, make sure to check out the other cakes from the Wedding Cake Trend Preview. I'm looking forward to seeing the last cake on Friday!


Photography: Kristen Kilpatrick Photography
Cake stand: Sarah's Stands

No comments: