Sunday, September 26, 2010

Mini cake madness and moving in

I'm back! I didn't really go anywhere, but between moving into the new bakery and working, I haven't had much time to keep up with the blog. So, to start with, we FINALLY moved into the new bakery space! I haven't had much time to pretty up the front meeting area yet, but that'll come soon. It was challenging enough to get the kitchen ready for inspection, move in over the weekend, unpack and set up and then get ready for... 300 mini cakes. Yes, 300. Mini cake. With lots of detail. The top photo is a close up of each one.

 

Here's a lovely photo of all 300 plated on site. The event was a fundraiser kick-off for the Belton Children's Hospital, which is about an hour north of Austin. The venue was an idyllic yet luxurious ranch. It was a long drive, but my assistants and I had to all drive in our own cars because we ran out of room! I think we ended up with 30 boxes of cakes! I can't thank them enough for all the time and effort that was put into making this little cakes truly stellar.
I'll post some bakery shots once we get the front area ready. And I will definitely try to be more consistent with the blogging! I'll post some cake highlights from the summer on the Facebook page.

No comments: