Monday, June 20, 2011

Fenway Park cake


I feel like I'm becoming the stadium cake lady! Fenway Park is the latest addition to the stadium cakes pantheon. I'll have a new stadium to add in the fall, so I'll keep you posted on that one. I get a kick out of being hyper-detailed. I could have spent another 3 hours on the cake adding more detail, but sometimes I just need to stop myself.
The bride ordered this as a surprise for her fiance who is a Navy Black Hawk pilot from Cape Cod. Popping his head out of the Toyota 4Runner is his dog. I hear he was very touched by the personal details added to the cake.
After spending all week on this cake, I've started thinking in a strong Boston accent. For some reason I sound like the Car Talk guys, but being in TX, that's just about my only point of reference.

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

I was literally thinking about your cakes and drooling this morning. But now that I can get a cake in Fenway form...well the drooling has just become unsightly. AWESOME

Natanya @ Fete & Feast said...

I'm in Boston right now reading this and being amazed, as always, at your skills and creativity. Beautiful!

cake decoration supplies said...

It never ceases to amaze me at the ideas people come up with for cakes. I love the helicopter on the stadium.